Emergency Response Teams for Syria
Merlin is recruiting for a response team to support in our response programme to the emergency in Syria. The team will be based in Damascus and will consist of a Country Director, Country Health Director, Logistics Manager, Country Finance Director, Nutrition Advisor and Safety Advisor.
This team will be responsible to set up a programme in response to immediate health needs in Syria.
The salary range for these roles will be dependent on the role and relevant experience.
Benefits include: Emergency Medical Insurance cover, Annual Leave, Travel Costs and Accommodation.
Duration (immediate and longer term): 3 months (with possible extension of up to 12 months)
Location: Damascus, Syria
The recruitment for these positions is subject to funding.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• Extensive role specific requirements i.e. in Programme Management, Health & Nutrition, Logistics & Safety and Finance
• Previous experience an emergency response and conflict context with an outlook on long-term recovery programming
• Experience operating with a humanitarian NGO in a highly insecure environment
• Fluency in written and verbal English and the ability to communicate confidently and effectively in these languages. Knowledge of Arabic desirable.
• Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member in complex and often difficult operating environments
To apply for this job, please email your CV stating your availability to email@example.com. Please state in the email subject line “Syria Response Team” and the role you wish to apply for.
Recruitment of all positions is subject to funding
Merlin is committed to equal opportunities.